Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay on Apple watch

I am trying to add my Apple Card to my Apple Watch so I can use my watch to pay with Apple Pay.

My Apple Card is already in my Wallet on my iPhone.

But when I try to add the card onto my wallet on my iwatch it states " Could not connect to Apple Pay - Apple Pay is temporarily unavailable"

It has been saying this for two days now.

Can someone help?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:34 AM

How to add Apple Card to your Apple devices - Apple Support

excerpt from that link -

Add Apple Card to your Apple Watch

1. Update to watchOS 5.3 or later.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to the My Watch tab. If you have multiple watches, choose one.
  3. Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
  4. Under Other Cards On Your Phone, tap Add next to Apple Card.
  5. If you want to make Apple Card your default payment card for Apple Pay, tap Use as Default Card.

You need watchOS 5 or later to add Apple Card to your Apple Watch.

You can make Apple Card your default card on your Apple Watch. This makes Apple Card your default card when you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 8:34 AM in response to v_damaris_h

How to add Apple Card to your Apple devices - Apple Support

excerpt from that link -

Add Apple Card to your Apple Watch

1. Update to watchOS 5.3 or later.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to the My Watch tab. If you have multiple watches, choose one.
  3. Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
  4. Under Other Cards On Your Phone, tap Add next to Apple Card.
  5. If you want to make Apple Card your default payment card for Apple Pay, tap Use as Default Card.

You need watchOS 5 or later to add Apple Card to your Apple Watch.

You can make Apple Card your default card on your Apple Watch. This makes Apple Card your default card when you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.

Apple Pay on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.