Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i did quick start on my new iphone se 20, to tranfer from my old iphone se. Due to the week wifi connection, not all my documents could be transfer to my new iphone. Can i do a quick start for the second time?e

can i do quick start for my new iphone se twice?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:27 PM

Hi arief240,

Thanks for posting! We see you may want to try Quick Start a second time because not all of your data transferred. It's definitely important to have all of your files on your new iPhone, and we're happy to help.

You might want to start by double-checking this resource to see if might help before you try Quick Start again: About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup. Depending on whether your files were part of iCloud or if they were part of a backup, you might be able to resolve the issue using the steps above without using Quick Start.

Otherwise, you should be able to do Quick Start again by erasing or restoring the iPhone. This process would remove everything added to the iPhone by the previous Quick Start process and anything added since.

Here's how:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps to get you set up so you can enjoy the new iPhone SE.

Have a good one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 2:27 PM in response to arief240

Hi arief240,

Thanks for posting! We see you may want to try Quick Start a second time because not all of your data transferred. It's definitely important to have all of your files on your new iPhone, and we're happy to help.

You might want to start by double-checking this resource to see if might help before you try Quick Start again: About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup. Depending on whether your files were part of iCloud or if they were part of a backup, you might be able to resolve the issue using the steps above without using Quick Start.

Otherwise, you should be able to do Quick Start again by erasing or restoring the iPhone. This process would remove everything added to the iPhone by the previous Quick Start process and anything added since.

Here's how:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps to get you set up so you can enjoy the new iPhone SE.

Have a good one.

i did quick start on my new iphone se 20, to tranfer from my old iphone se. Due to the week wifi connection, not all my documents could be transfer to my new iphone. Can i do a quick start for the second time?e

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.