Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Storage

I have a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018), 256 GB. I want to buy a hard drive, HDD and not SSD cause I only require it for backup purpose. Which Hard drive will be suitable for me (compatible with time machine)?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:17 PM

Basically any well known manufacture HD will work as long it can be connected to the MBA 2018. I have one too. The MBA has USB - C connector so the external drive will need a USB - C connection OR you will need an adapter USB - C to USB - A. To use for TimeMachine Backup, make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ ( Journaled ) and GUID Partitioned.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Adityaraj99

Basically any well known manufacture HD will work as long it can be connected to the MBA 2018. I have one too. The MBA has USB - C connector so the external drive will need a USB - C connection OR you will need an adapter USB - C to USB - A. To use for TimeMachine Backup, make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ ( Journaled ) and GUID Partitioned.

External Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.