Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t cancel my old Apple Music subscription

I got a new phone with a new number and I can’t cancel my old Apple Music subscription. I was charged twice this month when it was supposed to be only once and I can’t access my old account because I no longer have that phone number

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:28 PM

So you have two Apple IDs, apparently. Decide which you want to use, and cancel the subscriptions on the other Apple ID. I'd cancel the subscriptions on whichever Apple ID had fewer purchases, as purchases are not transferable. The phone number here is only involved as part of two-factor authentication—the number is not tied to purchases nor Apple IDs.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Kaskaskas

So you have two Apple IDs, apparently. Decide which you want to use, and cancel the subscriptions on the other Apple ID. I'd cancel the subscriptions on whichever Apple ID had fewer purchases, as purchases are not transferable. The phone number here is only involved as part of two-factor authentication—the number is not tied to purchases nor Apple IDs.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

I can’t cancel my old Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.