Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 empty space at bottom

When you only use 1 Home Screen page like I do, there’s a large empty space at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to remove that and spread the apps out a little instead?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 5:22 AM

Apple did this so that users can now hide home screens on their phones. You can hide every Home Screen except for one and you cannot remove the Apps Library either.

This explains more about organizing home screens.

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

25 replies

Oct 26, 2020 7:04 AM in response to JonWSr

I think it's awful. The bottom of the screen is the most valuable real estate for single handed use. The argument that this is for the 11 people who want to hide home screens doesn't hold water either. There is NO gap with IOS 14 on an iPhone 8. It's obviously a trade-off for legacy phones.

Sad that my new $1,000 iPhone 12 pro only displays the same amount information as phones that are 3-4 generations old - and in a worse format as well.

Nov 9, 2020 12:17 AM in response to Techlogik7

don't be a troll

we like what we like, and it's not always just about the iPhone but often about integration with other Apple products

but seriously, how often do you see iPhone users trolling android forums saying stuff like "haha you you'd pay that much for a piece of plastic, and you gotta deal with bloatware unless you wanna root the phone? what fools!"

...um never

go away

Jan 17, 2021 11:59 AM in response to avtech85

It looks wrong. You could almost fit another row of icons in that gap! So is it really just there for those dots? I’m banking on a future update that allows you to disable the dots. For a company so highly regarded for design aesthetics this looks like a design own goal. First world problems though! It’s not that big a deal. It just looks daft. ‘Disable dots on home screen’ (please).

iOS 14 empty space at bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.