Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I return to my old home screen with my folders

I tried the new iOS 14 home screen and don't like it! I had a clean screen with apps contained within folders that made sense and now I am stuck with at least five pages of apps arranged alphabetically which I find tedious. Is there a way to get back to my old screen from iOS 13?

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:36 PM

I don’t either. I never use the App Library; years ago I created my own logical arrangement of my 460 apps that is much more useful and easier. There are a few iOS features I like, but I don’t consider them earth-shaking.

I’m happy you got your Home Screen back.

6 replies

Sep 18, 2020 4:12 PM in response to NJAnalyst

I had the same experience. I was just checking out the new widgets and suddenly all my app folders were gone and I had page after page of apps in alphabetical order. A web search found lots of people on developer forums having the same experience with various iOS 14 betas. Clearly, the problem persists in the public release.

Sep 18, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I was already restoring my iPhone from a backup. I expect it to take 2-3 hours.

To reset a phone to its default settings you need to drill down a couple of levels in the Settings app and then confirm that it's what you really want to do. OP and I were both on the home screen rearranging apps & widgets when it happened spontaneously. So ...

There's a bug in iOS14—you can read a little more about it here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/656888.

I imagine there'll be more of these posts as people upgrade.

How do I return to my old home screen with my folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.