Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 storage

Only have 4.8 GB of capacity. Have removed all apps (which are allowed to be removed) from watch, no songs photos or audiobooks... still says I only have 2.8 GB of available storage and the new update is 3.1 GB. I don’t want to reset and lose my fitness app data.

Any suggestions??

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 12:14 AM

This is what I did.

1. Unpaired the Watch. This saves you Watch data and wipes the Watch clean.
  2. Re- Set up the watch and as part of the setup, restore data from the backup in step 1.
  3. Update the watch to Watch OS 7.

I remember at one time I had to do something similar with a jam packed iPhone. There wasn’t enough space to install the update so I need to wipe the phone using iTunes, Install an OS, recover my files and then update the OS.

I believe in using either Watch OS or iOS, the is a certain amount of flotsam and jetsam left around, unused files and wiping the device clean gets rid of that fluff.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 12:14 AM in response to WeberZach

This is what I did.

1. Unpaired the Watch. This saves you Watch data and wipes the Watch clean.
  2. Re- Set up the watch and as part of the setup, restore data from the backup in step 1.
  3. Update the watch to Watch OS 7.

I remember at one time I had to do something similar with a jam packed iPhone. There wasn’t enough space to install the update so I need to wipe the phone using iTunes, Install an OS, recover my files and then update the OS.

I believe in using either Watch OS or iOS, the is a certain amount of flotsam and jetsam left around, unused files and wiping the device clean gets rid of that fluff.

Oct 30, 2020 4:11 PM in response to bsbenner13

I don't specifically know but I'll try to help. Which steps where you able perform?

Could you check under Apple Watch>>Setting>>General>>About>>Version? What is the listed version?

Maybe you have more stuff on your watch than I do. That would explain your memory footprint of 3.6GB. Maybe that is right where it is suppose to be, especially if you succeeded with the update and have version 7.x.

As far as Mail not syncing with the Apple Watch, check out Manage mail on Apple Watch - Apple Support. Perhaps "unsyncing" and "resyncing" the your accounts would help.

Also consider 1 800 SOS APPL. These people work on Apple products all day and would be far more knowledgeable than me. They have a front line of people to help with the obvious stuff, but if they can't help they have a far more capable staff of senior support people.

Apple Watch series 3 storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.