Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bedtime on iPad OS 14

Bedtime is now called Sleep Mode on iOS 14, but it was completely removed from the iPad.

Why is that? 😡

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 9:38 PM

23 replies

Sep 29, 2020 9:17 PM in response to Tony-CortRom

Below is answer from Apple technical support:

I asked because we may need to restore to factory settings and set up as new , with a Mac or iTunes . But before doing so , we recommend backing up so you wont lose data and you can recover it.

Links provided:

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

2.Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Sep 17, 2020 6:08 AM in response to Tony-CortRom

Ditto! You’ve completely disregarded your customers who only have iPads. You hyped up the feature what two years ago? Got everyone used to having it and now you take it away and have not replaced it with something better. The least you could do to show respect for the people whose money you’re happy to take, is to give a heads up on what’s being removed so they can at least make an informed decision!😤🤯🤬.

Oct 2, 2020 7:55 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Well then what’s the point... Apple can simply ignore your feedback and you will never know... apparently this issue was known about in the public beta a couple of months ago... https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/hokqf7/no_more_bed_time_in_ipados_14/

I guess Apple doesn’t think it is important enough to address... The basic alarm in the iPad clock simply DOES NOT WORK..... they need to fix this....

Oct 2, 2020 8:00 AM in response to OzLobster

If you can imagine the high volume of feedback Apple gets on a daily basis, it would be most improbably for them to be able to respond to every person who writes them. They tell you they read your response. And that's the point. If you want Apple to know your thoughts, it's the only SURE way to convey your thoughts where someone will actually read them.

Oct 2, 2020 8:16 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Yes, but not even an automated email to say that they have received your feedback??? Well I guess we will have to wait and see... would not have upgraded to iPadOS 14 if I had known they were taking this feature out... Would have waited until they fixed it first. I don’t have an iPhone but I use my iPad for an alarm... worked very well until it stopped working... I don’t understand why they made the clock alarm so lame... no crescendo alarms... does not override muted sound... does not go off if BT headset is connected...

Nov 1, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Tony-CortRom

Prior to iOS14, I saw people complaining that they didn’t like the bedtime feature on the alarm clock. My guess is that is one reason why they moved it into the Health app. I happen to agree that I miss it on the iPad. I am single and used it every night so I didn’t stay up late watching shows. (I don’t own a t. v.) Now I set a regular alarm, but liked the wind-down better.

Nov 11, 2020 9:16 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for providing the link. I have provided feed back that I also would like Apple to re-instate “bedtime” back on IOS 14. It’s a bit inconsiderate that they removed it after a lot of people have been using it for the past year since it came out. Hopefully they will hear us out and re-instate it to IPAD. As I too do not own an iPhone.

Bedtime on iPad OS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.