📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Safari on iPad

Hi,

Since iPadOS 13 I have problem with watching content on my iPad (6th gen). There was no issue on iOS 12. I also just installed iPadOS 14 and problem still exists. So what is the problem.

When I watch YouTube on Safari, and enlarge window with video, the window is out od scale. Just like this screenshot below. I have to close and enlarge many times to finally open it correctly.

Also enlarge window taking so much time, sometimes when I click enlarge, it starts to react after 2 seconds...

How can I deal with those problems?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:53 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 19, 2020 11:57 AM in response to askmaga

Greetings, askmaga.

It appears that you're having a problem with Safari on your iPad (6th generation). When you enlarge the window while watching a video, the display isn't in scale. This has been happening since iPadOS 13, and has continued with iPadOS 14. We're glad to help with this.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- Go to Settings > Safari > and tap "Clear History and Website Data". Then, restart your iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support. Once your iPad is back to the Home screen, see if the issue is resolved. This may also help Safari respond as it should.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If clearing your history and website data didn’t also improve Safari’s response time, we'd like you to reinstall operating system. Be sure to create a fresh backup first as a precaution: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Once the backup has been completed, reinstall iPadOS. Be sure to select "Update" when presented with the option. Once the process has completed, see if Safari responds as expected.

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Sep 21, 2020 12:12 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you for answer.

Unfortunately it doesn’t help at all :( I also did reset device to factory settings and setup as a new device. Problem still exists...

the only regred I have is to believe this problem will dissapear in every next upade or in iPadOS 14 at least. Unfortunately my device is out of warranty since april 2020 and i can’t no longer sent it to Apple. I notice this behavior like year ago, but thougt it’s only a bug so I waited for updates. Ehh

Problem with Safari on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.