Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mirror front iPhone camera iOS 14

I just update my iPhone X to iOS14 and want to try the new feature "Mirror Front Camera". However, I cannot find it in Settings->Camera. Anyone has ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:20 AM

I think the mirror front camera feature is only for newer iPhones. From iPhone Xr to iPhone 11 models. I got an iPhone X running iOS 14. And I don’t have that features too.

25 replies

Sep 17, 2020 12:31 PM in response to siyu1016

I had this question too but the Apple website does clearly say:

With iOS 14, you can take a mirrored selfie that captures the shot as you see it in the camera frame. To turn Mirror Front Camera on, go to Settings > Camera, then turn on the setting.

The Mirror Front Camera is available on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later.

So I'll have to wait as I have iPhone X too

Sep 19, 2020 8:57 AM in response to Marc_1611

iPhone X is expensive cuz of OLED. The price of iPhone X began with $999. When it was released, I couldn’t afford iPhone X. The price began down. I had to switch my old iPhone 6 to iPhone X. I almost got iPhone XR. I really like my iPhone X cuz of OLED. Now I want having iPhone 11 or 12 Pro Max cuz it is very friendly for deaf customers. I have to wait for few months til I feel ready to get it. That is why I think iPhone X should have a mirror front camera.

Sep 24, 2020 3:27 PM in response to siyu1016

Idk why I changed to an iPhone when my galaxy been had that feature lmfao. Apple need to step up their game with these basic features. If only I didn’t break my note 9 - I guess this is my punishment. Also I’ve seen people with iPhone 7-8 plus who have the feature. It’s a thread on Twitter of people losing their minds over this update.

Oct 11, 2020 9:45 AM in response to siyu1016

I also have the same problem and I really hope they add this feature to the iPhoneX model. I feel like they left out quite a bit for iPhoneX users in the final version of the update. I have no ideas as to why it would not be added even if it’s a limited phone. I guess in the meantime the only way to “mirror” the picture is if you go to “Edit” and manually flip the photo on the top left.

Oct 17, 2020 9:19 AM in response to siyu1016

Same here. I don’t see why this isn’t on iPhone X. I have a shortcut just to mirror or you can now edit the picture and horizontally mirror it afterwards. The thing is that I end up taking pictures with a 3rd party camera such as Instagram just to have this by default, which is a bit unpractical. I hope they give us this option on a future release. No one is going to buy a new iPhone just because of this.

How to mirror front iPhone camera iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.