Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my files disappeared from my computer

When I open Microsoft Word and go to 'open recent' I can see some of the documents saved to Library-->mobile docs --> com~apple~CloudDocs

I have tried searching, going to my username-->Library-->mobile docs and nothing. Can someone please help with how to recover these files?

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 5:52 AM

Can you actually open the file from the Open Recent menu? If so, do that then select File menu > Save As and select a 'normal' location like your Documents folder, the Desktop, or your iCloud Drive. Generally, the Library is the location for temporary files, recovered files, etc., not somewhere you would choose to save a file.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 5:52 AM in response to justinabutler

Can you actually open the file from the Open Recent menu? If so, do that then select File menu > Save As and select a 'normal' location like your Documents folder, the Desktop, or your iCloud Drive. Generally, the Library is the location for temporary files, recovered files, etc., not somewhere you would choose to save a file.

Sep 17, 2020 6:14 AM in response to neuroanatomist

No I can’t see or open the files anywhere - I never saved them there either - they disappeared from where they usually are (my ‘favorites’ list in finder and ‘documents’ and ‘desktop’

the only way I can see that file path is if I open Microsoft word and view the ‘open recent’ items (there are still tons other files not included here since it will only show me recent files)

Some of my files disappeared from my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.