Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos all uploaded to cloud automatically, how do I get them back or download them onto a new device?

It seems my iPhone 6s has reached its storage capacity and all of the photos uploaded to the cloud. How do I get them back, I'm purchasing an iPhone 11 and would like the photos to be on my device.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 10:04 AM

lauranicolesan wrote:

It seems my iPhone 6s has reached its storage capacity and all of the photos uploaded to the cloud. How do I get them back, I'm purchasing an iPhone 11 and would like the photos to be on my device.

That's not why your photos were synced to iCloud.

Your phone and iCloud should have the same photos on each if you are using iCloud Photos. If your phone is full, you can optimize the photo library on your phone to reduce the amount of phone storage required.

Is Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos set to ON (green)?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 10:04 AM in response to lauranicolesan

lauranicolesan wrote:

That's not why your photos were synced to iCloud.

Your phone and iCloud should have the same photos on each if you are using iCloud Photos. If your phone is full, you can optimize the photo library on your phone to reduce the amount of phone storage required.

Is Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos set to ON (green)?

My photos all uploaded to cloud automatically, how do I get them back or download them onto a new device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.