Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos to icloud

I am trying to free up space on my iphone. I want to

put photos in icloud. How do I do that

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 9:17 AM

See information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Note that in order to free any space you will need to turn on the Optimize iPhone Storage option. See the "Save space on your device" section of the above link for more information.

Also note that iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage.

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 9:17 AM in response to Ph7576os

See information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Note that in order to free any space you will need to turn on the Optimize iPhone Storage option. See the "Save space on your device" section of the above link for more information.

Also note that iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage.

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

Photos to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.