Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate, ECG and activity are not working after updating to WatchOS 7

Just updated my Watch to watchos7. Now my heart rate, ecg and activity are not working. I restarted the watch but no defense.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:57 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Sep 18, 2020 3:38 AM in response to christo176

Tried to reset Apple watch from iphone, so iPhone removed watch from app. But watch didn't reset itself, tried manually from settings, nothing happens after tapping reset completely. Then I decided to restart my watch, and I saw setup screen, with prompting pin code, which is weird. Couldn't setup up watch because it says that this watch might be connected to some account. Found solution to factory reset apple watch by holding digital crown on setup screen. It is taking way too long. Once it will finish I will leave additional note

Sep 19, 2020 9:54 AM in response to christo176

I’m having the exact same issue with my Series 4, and it’s entirely screwing up my sleep tracking (via SleepWatch) and my workouts, in that neither is being recorded properly, or in the case of my workout, at all.

No change after unpairing/re-pairing the watch. I’m about to ship this thing off for a replacement via my AppleCare+ coverage. Not a happy camper, at all.

Sep 21, 2020 11:38 AM in response to ssoleh

I ended up also trying the steps of completely erasing/resetting the watch via settings to unpair it, then pairing it again as new (not restoring a backup). The issue seemed to go away for about 24-36 hours, where I was able to get a full workout and night of sleep recorded with no issues, but then low and behold this morning, I have the same issue of the heart rate sensor not working for large sections of my sleep, and during my 60 min run workout.

These are the two main things I use my watch for, and have consistently/daily for years. Fortunately I had a couple of months of AppleCare+ coverage left, and was able to arrange for a replacement to be sent to me ASAP, on the way now.

Heart rate, ECG and activity are not working after updating to WatchOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.