Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchos 7 series 4 battery drain

I just came here to check to see if this was an issue. I just noticed

that my watch is dead at 4PM (put it on this morning at 7:30). I also

had it taken off for a few hours this afternoon while I was typing. Less

than 8 hours whith little use...

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:16 PM

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 and came here to see if others had faster battery drain on watchOS 7.

My AW normally will be around 70% when I go to bed (I charge it overnight), and it's already at 64% and it's got 6 hours to go!

22 replies

Sep 19, 2020 4:19 PM in response to JeffBKing

I’ve noticed it too. Before updating my AW 4, I was able to get up at 5 a.m., go for my usual 3-4 mile run before work, work 8-9 hours, get home around 4-415 and STILL have 70%+ battery/power left. Since updating to Os7, I get up at 5 a.m. & put my watch on, walk out to have a drink of water and some pick-me-up caffeine before my run, walk down stairs to put my shoes on and before I’m even out of the house the watch is down to 89% charge left. It lasted for ~ 1.12 miles before the watch went in to power saver mode. Apple and co. better get on their horse to fixing this issue or else I’ll be moving on to using a different company’s fitness watch/tracker as well as jumping ship from the iPhone train.

Sep 20, 2020 6:44 AM in response to StanleyG.

Thanks for the pointers, StanleyG. It ***** that users have to lose features of such an expensive product just because apple made an update that there is no way they couldn't have known how it would impact people. Even with applying the suggestions to my series 5 watch, 7:06AM wake up, sit around watching TV and drinking coffee for about an hour, run down and put a load of laundry in, 9:34AM 84%. The lawsuit apple has to pay out certainly isn't enough because they're still doing the same thing!

Sep 21, 2020 9:52 AM in response to JeffBKing

Hello, I also noticed the same issue - quite inconvenient as at 18:50 (Italian time) my battery is at 29%, while before the update I was able to go to bed towards midnight with the watch battery at 40%. Note that I'm not doing anything special with the watch at the moment - notifications, as usual. I also tried to cancel any app open in the background, but it does not help.

I am asking to Apple to fix this.

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2020 11:02 AM in response to JeffBKing

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone buy what ever method your version calls for. As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release. Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

Sep 22, 2020 8:08 PM in response to JeffBKing

I am also experiencing this same issue. Upgraded to the watchOS 7 9/19/20. Watch died early while I was at work. Everyday since I am charging my watch 2-3 times a day now as the battery bleeds out quickly over the course of a few hours. Today for instance woke up and went golfing. Was at 98% at the start of my round and 2 hours in it died. This is pretty infuriating and they need to send out some bug fixes.

watchos 7 series 4 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.