Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook won’t update at all

How can I get my MacBook to update to the lasted update? I have space and it does through the whole process, says it updated but didn’t update.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:15 PM

kimsingley10 Said:

"My MacBook won’t update at all: How can I get my MacBook to update to the lasted update? I have space and it does through the whole process, says it updated but didn’t update."

-------

A. Verify your macOS:

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. View: First Line Down

What Version Shows?

B. Restart the Mac:

Having updated your Mac, restart it. See if it makes all the difference.

IMPORTANT: Backup Prior to Installation:

Create a Time Machine Backup, that way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install. An update failure is a pure example of why to backup. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity as that of your internal hard drive. So, if something went wrong, then restore from the backup, if created prior this install.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 7:15 PM in response to kimsingley10

kimsingley10 Said:

"My MacBook won’t update at all: How can I get my MacBook to update to the lasted update? I have space and it does through the whole process, says it updated but didn’t update."

-------

A. Verify your macOS:

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. View: First Line Down

What Version Shows?

B. Restart the Mac:

Having updated your Mac, restart it. See if it makes all the difference.

IMPORTANT: Backup Prior to Installation:

Create a Time Machine Backup, that way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install. An update failure is a pure example of why to backup. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity as that of your internal hard drive. So, if something went wrong, then restore from the backup, if created prior this install.

My MacBook won’t update at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.