Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way I can get messages back?

is There any way I can get messages back?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:09 PM

Are you referring to getting previously deleted messages back?

If you are using iCloud for Messages then NO. They are gone forever.

If you are not using iCloud for Messages AND have a backup file of your iPhone then you can restore your iPhone from that backup file that was created before the messages were deleted. Note that if you choose this method then your entire iPhone, including Messages, will be as current as the day the back file was created.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 7:09 PM in response to cornisha160

Are you referring to getting previously deleted messages back?

If you are using iCloud for Messages then NO. They are gone forever.

If you are not using iCloud for Messages AND have a backup file of your iPhone then you can restore your iPhone from that backup file that was created before the messages were deleted. Note that if you choose this method then your entire iPhone, including Messages, will be as current as the day the back file was created.

Axel F.

Sep 17, 2020 7:09 PM in response to cornisha160

If you sync message with iCloud and you deleted them, you cannot get them back. If you do not sync messages with iCloud and you have a backup from before you deleted the messages, you can restore your device from backup. But remember that if you restore from that backup, anything you received in text messages after the backup was made will be gone.

Is there any way I can get messages back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.