Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email this morning from Apple store saying someone bought an app on my account should I be worried

Match app took money from my account and I do not use this, how do I remove payment from the other account with no password to get in it cuz it is a stollen account?

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:47 PM

It's probably a scam.

About Email and Other Scams

Apple always addresses you by your name or the name they have on file for you.  The Email will be from apple.com or itunes.com. Email addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail > View > Message > Show all Headers to see more. Apple Emails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

An exception to the above is when you order something from the Apple Store. The receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer.

Avoid Scams

1. Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages
  2. Annual Reminder- Watch out for email Phishing Scams
  3. Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email
  4. Beware of Browser Pop-Up Tech Support, Phishing Scams
  5. Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails
  6. Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, & other scams
  7. Phony "tech support" - "ransomware" popups and ... | Communities

Report phishing email to abuse@apple.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 8:47 PM in response to Danielkreel

It's probably a scam.

About Email and Other Scams

Apple always addresses you by your name or the name they have on file for you.  The Email will be from apple.com or itunes.com. Email addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail > View > Message > Show all Headers to see more. Apple Emails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

An exception to the above is when you order something from the Apple Store. The receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer.

Avoid Scams

1. Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages
  2. Annual Reminder- Watch out for email Phishing Scams
  3. Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email
  4. Beware of Browser Pop-Up Tech Support, Phishing Scams
  5. Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails
  6. Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, & other scams
  7. Phony "tech support" - "ransomware" popups and ... | Communities

Report phishing email to abuse@apple.com.

I received an email this morning from Apple store saying someone bought an app on my account should I be worried

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.