Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls( from landline) goes straight to voicemail

Help! Have incoming calls from work (landline) thats going straight to voicemail. Does anyone have this issue and has fixed it

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:54 AM

Hello ms_vitigurl,

We understand you're having an issue with calls from a landline work number going straight to voicemail. We can completely understand needing to receive those calls without issue, so we're happy to dive in, and see if we can help get this figured out.

To begin, does this only seem to be happening with one number, or has it happened with numerous? Are you able to call this number without issues, and it's only receiving the calls that's the problem?

We've got some great troubleshooting steps that can help with resolving this issue. Be sure to review the following article (beginning with the "Check your iPhone settings" section):

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

That article goes into a number of different things to check, including Call Forwarding, and checking if Silence Unknown Callers is enabled.

We're more than confident that those steps will help resolve what you're experiencing.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 5:54 AM in response to ms_vitigurl

Hello ms_vitigurl,

We understand you're having an issue with calls from a landline work number going straight to voicemail. We can completely understand needing to receive those calls without issue, so we're happy to dive in, and see if we can help get this figured out.

To begin, does this only seem to be happening with one number, or has it happened with numerous? Are you able to call this number without issues, and it's only receiving the calls that's the problem?

We've got some great troubleshooting steps that can help with resolving this issue. Be sure to review the following article (beginning with the "Check your iPhone settings" section):

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

That article goes into a number of different things to check, including Call Forwarding, and checking if Silence Unknown Callers is enabled.

We're more than confident that those steps will help resolve what you're experiencing.

Cheers!

Sep 24, 2020 12:10 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

It was happening with Landline calls only. Wasn't unable to receive calls from landline.

Thanks for helpful hints! It was the silence UnknownCallers ( was enabled)Which is strange; cause I've never knew that was there so how I would have enable it?

Ive tried it with one landline and it seems to be working. So fingers cross; that was the culprit.

Thank you so much for your help.

Incoming calls( from landline) goes straight to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.