Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app not working

What is the fix for Fitness app frozen after watchOS 7 update? Restarting watch and iPhone not effective.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 9:46 AM

I had a similar problem but was able to fix it by resetting my watch (keeping my cellular plan) and then re-pairing the watch to my iPhone. The reset (unpairing) will wipe-out any accumulated awards, songs, data, etc. but, in my case, got all my Apps running again.

To Reset, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Click the General icon. Scroll to the bottom of the General menu to find the Reset feature and click it. Follow the prompts from there.

If your watch has a cellular plan, you will be asked if you want to keep your plan (from being erased). I recommend keeping your plan.

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Loracdeck

I had a similar problem but was able to fix it by resetting my watch (keeping my cellular plan) and then re-pairing the watch to my iPhone. The reset (unpairing) will wipe-out any accumulated awards, songs, data, etc. but, in my case, got all my Apps running again.

To Reset, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Click the General icon. Scroll to the bottom of the General menu to find the Reset feature and click it. Follow the prompts from there.

If your watch has a cellular plan, you will be asked if you want to keep your plan (from being erased). I recommend keeping your plan.

I hope this helps.

Sep 19, 2020 11:13 AM in response to Loracdeck

Same problem here. I’m using watch series 4 and iPhone XS Max. I have also noticed the heart rate monitor on the watch no longer detects my heart rate. The watch is able to detect a workout but can’t record any information about it. . The fitness app on the phone doesn’t track and calories, exercise minutes, or stand points, or any steps taken or flights of stairs climbed.

Fitness app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.