Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14 lowers quality of iPhone video

On an iPhone 8, upgrading to IOS14 has lowered the quality of videos, even with settings on 4K, which turn pixelated and blurred, when since the minute before the upgrade were of good quality.

Any idea?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:28 AM

If you have either dropped the device accidentally or exposed it to liquid or used it beyond acceptable temperature limits then…

Take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 2:42 AM in response to AlexDezko

It is def heavily pixelated, and the video does not the same quality as before. I like the bubbly and bright widgets, but it's usually not apple's style. Ive just had to do a lot more adjusting with my brightness, and nighttime settings. I think that helps a bit. If u do find outa better solution or a fix for this problem, plz share. 😁

IOS 14 lowers quality of iPhone video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.