Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date option missing

The date option is missing in complications after update

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 4:29 PM

Me again. Quite literally the next thread I came across had the answer:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251803198?page=1

as per connorfromgrinnell's post - you need to make sure that Apple's Calendar app is installed. I can confirm this fixed the problem for me. It appears that WatchOS is now dependent on that app for dates. I removed Apple Calendar from my phone/watch because I use Google's Calendar instead.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 4:29 PM in response to Movielad

Me again. Quite literally the next thread I came across had the answer:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251803198?page=1

as per connorfromgrinnell's post - you need to make sure that Apple's Calendar app is installed. I can confirm this fixed the problem for me. It appears that WatchOS is now dependent on that app for dates. I removed Apple Calendar from my phone/watch because I use Google's Calendar instead.

Sep 21, 2020 4:22 PM in response to Chuxmyboytoy

I can confirm this with a brand new Apple Watch series 6 device (unfortunately I didn't get to test this with my old series 4). The Date complication only shows Off with no other option. I've tried:

• Restarting the Apple Watch
  • Closing and restarting the Apple Watch app on the iPhone
  • Unpairing the Apple Watch, deleting the Apple Watch app, and signing out of iCloud on the iPhone
  • Restarted iPhone, signed back into iCloud, reinstalled Apple Watch app, and re-paired the Watch

All results the same: no Date complication for the Modular or Infographic Modular watch faces. I've raised a call with Apple and I'm waiting for an engineer to call me back tomorrow. It does look to be a bug in WatchOS 7 (another one being that no watch faces appear in the Face Gallery via the Apple Watch app on iPhone after pairing a new watch - you need to scroll up and down continuously to be able to populate the gallery; looks to be a UI bug).

Date option missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.