Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide Home Screens IOS 14

Hi

I have two home pages on my Xr. One has apps used daily and the second one is for folders of all the other apps. After IOS14 I wanted to try the idea a page hide/edit. When I hold the screen and then tap the three dots the two screens appear but there are no selection circles below them to either hide or show the pages?

I moved an app to a third screen and tried again and this time the three screens show up and the two originals have the circles below them with a tick in it - which I can remove, but the "new" third screen with one app on it has no circle. If I move the app from screen 3 back to screen 2 and try to edit the two screens appear but again no circles. The same thing happens on my wife's iPhone 6s. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 11:22 AM

Hey there, Steverob55.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having a hard time hiding your home screens. We can certainly understand why you’d want to resolve this issue. 

The first thing to try, is to Restart your iPhone. Then, make sure you’re following the steps below: 

“Find and hide pages on your Home Screen

With iOS 14, you can easily hide pages to streamline how your Home Screen looks and add them back anytime. Here's how:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap the circle under the page that you want to hide.
  4. Tap Done. 

To unhide a page, repeat the steps above. Then use the App Library to quickly find apps hidden on different pages.” Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone 

We hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to reach back out if the issue continues. 

All the best. 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Steverob55

Hey there, Steverob55.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having a hard time hiding your home screens. We can certainly understand why you’d want to resolve this issue. 

The first thing to try, is to Restart your iPhone. Then, make sure you’re following the steps below: 

“Find and hide pages on your Home Screen

With iOS 14, you can easily hide pages to streamline how your Home Screen looks and add them back anytime. Here's how:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap the circle under the page that you want to hide.
  4. Tap Done. 

To unhide a page, repeat the steps above. Then use the App Library to quickly find apps hidden on different pages.” Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone 

We hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to reach back out if the issue continues. 

All the best. 

Sep 23, 2020 1:36 AM in response to sterling r

Hi

just found that when I started my phone today the problem is back! I have reset all settings and it’s solved. I had one of my photos as wallpaper and when I reinstated that the problem came back! Tried another photo at random and that was fine. It seems to be a particular photo ( it has been edited) which causes the problem. So all OK but interesting if others have a similar problem.

Hide Home Screens IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.