Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickly capitalize a word on iPhone or iPad

When I want to capitalize a word, is there an easy way to do so rather than painstakingly trying to move the cursor to just before the letter, backspacing, and typing the capital letter?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:19 AM

I just found a partial workaround. Double-tap the word to be capitalized. Tap Replace. Sometimes, the desired capitalization shows up and sometimes it doesn't. If it does, tap the desired replacement.

If a word is in all-caps, double-tap it; replacement words should show up below; tap any desired replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 8:19 AM in response to arlenefromvalencia

I just found a partial workaround. Double-tap the word to be capitalized. Tap Replace. Sometimes, the desired capitalization shows up and sometimes it doesn't. If it does, tap the desired replacement.

If a word is in all-caps, double-tap it; replacement words should show up below; tap any desired replacement.

Quickly capitalize a word on iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.