Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 - clock app missing the Bedtime tab

iPhone 11 clock app is missing the Bedtime tab. How do I get it back?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 12:32 AM

Please! The full functionality of Bedtime, what these folks are really asking for, HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE HEALTH APP!!! The alarm screen only allows you to adjust the wake up time for the next day.

I repeat, BEDTIME functions are in the HEALTH APP under the heading SLEEP, subheading YOUR SCHEDULE.

Have a wonderful night’s sleep 😴

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 12:32 AM in response to Klmacnair

Please! The full functionality of Bedtime, what these folks are really asking for, HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE HEALTH APP!!! The alarm screen only allows you to adjust the wake up time for the next day.

I repeat, BEDTIME functions are in the HEALTH APP under the heading SLEEP, subheading YOUR SCHEDULE.

Have a wonderful night’s sleep 😴

Dec 13, 2020 5:55 PM in response to Jet-iP5s

There is still a support page with instructions for Bedtime, which is good for people on old iOS, but it is a bit confusing as there is no indication that this is for a legacy iOS until you get to the end of the article, and see iOS13 mentioned, with a date in small print.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208655

The new instructions are here, where it DOES state at the top of the page which iOS it refers to.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/set-up-sleep-schedules-iph2d7daf6fc/ios

Dec 5, 2020 3:03 AM in response to Hs23dp

It only turns Orange whenever you select a sleep range less than your sleep goal. "Plus" this screen only changes "tomorrow". The day after tomorrow will revert back to the original setting.

What you no longer have access too are the the base hours you programmed way back 'years ago' when bedtime was a real usable thing nor do you have the ability to manage days of the week that "Bedtime" is active.

People take vacations and might like to disable this feature for a couple of weeks. Plus whose big idea was it to leave the settings active and not allow you to go back to them and adjust things as needed??

Seems a bit short sighted to me.

Dec 5, 2020 3:26 AM in response to luther86

I stand corrected. Click edit change for the Sleep/Wake up alarm entry.

On the first screen the show you that allows you to adjust times for "Tomorrow Only", swipe up.

This give you access to all of the 'formally easy to access' bedtime options.

Only one way in and very well hidden.

Maybe I will stumble across my own post 6 months to a year from now when I will need to spend another couple of hours trying to remember how I fixed it the last time.

Good luck everyone.

PS: Discovered a second way in. Health/Sleep you will need to go digging around, but it is in there.

Dec 5, 2020 7:14 AM in response to Jet-iP5s

The Bedtime tab provided much more than just setting the time for your alarm to go off. It was rich and full-featured. It was not just moved; as far as I can tell, it was removed. I am referring to an iPad, not an iPhone. I don’t have a “Health” app on my iPad, but used to be able to use the Bedtime tab to determine the hours of sleep I was getting. It is not plainly visible since the last iOS update.

Dec 10, 2020 5:11 AM in response to GiantsNinersWarriors

Hi GiantsNinersWarriors,

Do you know of any way that Apple can be persuaded to restore the Bedtime feature to the iPad? I wasn’t using it on a phone, because I don’t have one. I asked a friend to check to make sure I wasn’t missing something. She has both an iPhone and an iPad. She reported back to me that the Bedtime feature is gone from the Clock app on her iPad as well as mine. I can use the alarm feature on my iPad, but it’s simply that: an alarm. The features that were previously available by accessing Bedtime are no longer visible, following the most recent iOS update. This was a terrible decision on Apple’s part, as far as I’m concerned. But I don’t know how to contact them to express my displeasure. If you’ve got a suggestion for that, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

iPhone 11 - clock app missing the Bedtime tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.