Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14, iPhone 7 Plus Messages vanished

All my messages on iPhone 7 Plus have vanished after upgrading to iOS 14. iCloud was enabled for messages. When I sign out of Apple ID and login again, a message says there are no messages in iCloud as iCloud and iMessage accounts are different.

I asked my wife to message me. In her phone it shows delivered and I see it in notification but I do not receive it under messages.

I cannot send out a message. After composing. a message when I press the send button nothing happens.

What does it mean? How can I get back the messages.

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:32 AM

I did the following:

I logged out of iMessage, FaceTime and Apple accounts in all devices.

Reset the iPhone completely (I had back up on iCloud) and reinstalled iOS 14.

The old messages (available in iCloud) became visible and I could sms again.

Thereafter, I enabled the iMessage and FaceTime on the iPhone. Activation took some time.

Finally I activated iMessage and FaceTime in other devices using the exact same account.

Hope this is helpful to people who are still facing this problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 11:32 AM in response to jamey56

I did the following:

I logged out of iMessage, FaceTime and Apple accounts in all devices.

Reset the iPhone completely (I had back up on iCloud) and reinstalled iOS 14.

The old messages (available in iCloud) became visible and I could sms again.

Thereafter, I enabled the iMessage and FaceTime on the iPhone. Activation took some time.

Finally I activated iMessage and FaceTime in other devices using the exact same account.

Hope this is helpful to people who are still facing this problem.

IOS 14, iPhone 7 Plus Messages vanished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.