Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a notice today , Someone initiated a dating service site for 7499 a month on my Apple account I’m 69 years old I didn’t authorize any kind of charge like that how in the world do you get a hold of someone at Apple to get this canceled

I received a notice today and email that someone had charged a 7499 dating site subscription to my Apple account

I am a 69 Your old lady who definitely would never want a dating site it said this is a continuous subscription I canceled my credit card but how do I cancel this are can’t even get a hold of anybody at Apple support do they ever have a rule number and real person you can speak to

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 1:28 PM

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple emails won't have poor grammar/misspellings. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers . 

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 1:28 PM in response to opal275

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple emails won't have poor grammar/misspellings. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers . 

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Sep 18, 2020 12:37 PM in response to opal275

opal275 wrote:

I received a notice today and email that someone had charged a 7499 dating site subscription to my Apple account
I am a 69 Your old lady who definitely would never want a dating site it said this is a continuous subscription I canceled my credit card but how do I cancel this are can’t even get a hold of anybody at Apple support do they ever have a rule number and real person you can speak to

Did the charge actually hit your card? How were you notified of the charge?

This is a common scam. The bad guys send you an email claiming the purchase was made,. Thy give you links to click on to fix it.

If this happened, hopefully you did not follow the link or provide any information.

You can check yourself if the purchase was actually charged to you via Apple.

https://reportaproblem.apple.com

Enter your Apple ID and password and check. You can dispute the charge if there right online.

I received a notice today , Someone initiated a dating service site for 7499 a month on my Apple account I’m 69 years old I didn’t authorize any kind of charge like that how in the world do you get a hold of someone at Apple to get this canceled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.