Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 red tint after iOS 14 update

When i had updated iPhone 11 to iOS 14, display has turned more reddish. So, i have downgraded ios 14 to ios 13.7 but it doesn't help me. Screen is still reddish. At work, I have iPhone XR, which also has the same issue after iOS 14 update, but display is even more reddish than on iPhone 11. Is it covered under warranty? Just check this picture, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 11 and iPhone XR.

iPhone 11 had more yellowish-neutral color temperature before iOS 14 and it's suited me

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:19 AM

Hey SilentChan,

Thanks for reaching back out. Try restoring the iPhone and setting it up as new, which can help determine if the issue you're having is with software on the device or hardware. 

Make sure you have a good backup of your device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

When you are ready to restore and set up the iPhone as new, please follow this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If the issue is resolved after setting up as new, go ahead and restore from the backup you created previously. If you're still having trouble with it, reach out for additional assistance here: Get Support.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 10:19 AM in response to SilentChan

Hey SilentChan,

Thanks for reaching back out. Try restoring the iPhone and setting it up as new, which can help determine if the issue you're having is with software on the device or hardware. 

Make sure you have a good backup of your device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

When you are ready to restore and set up the iPhone as new, please follow this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If the issue is resolved after setting up as new, go ahead and restore from the backup you created previously. If you're still having trouble with it, reach out for additional assistance here: Get Support.

Take care.

Sep 23, 2020 7:59 AM in response to SilentChan

Hey SilentChan,

It sounds like you have a concern with a reddish tint on your iPhone.

Do you have Night Shift turned on for those devices? Night Shift adjusts colors to the warmer end of the spectrum. Check by going to Settings > Display & Brightness.

If you have Night Shift already turned off, check here to see if True Tone is turned on or off, and turn it off to see if it makes a difference. You can learn more here about these display settings: Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep us updated.

iPhone 11 red tint after iOS 14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.