Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7plus is infested with virus, is it ok to update the software?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:14 PM

hopefully you didn't follow those instructions.. it's a scam or phishing thing. You did not have a virus.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

shouldn't be any reason you can't update your software

11 replies

Sep 18, 2020 5:14 PM in response to somsak777

Your phone did not have a virus. Any notice saying it does is a SCAM. If you followed the directions in that SCAM you have compromised your identity, which can now be controlled by the criminal that sent the SCAM notice to you. If you installed an app on your phone delete it IMMEDIATELY; the app itself might be used to hack your phone.

If you describe the notice and how you responded to it it may be possible to recover, but the best thing to do is to contact Apple’s Account Security Team—>Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.