Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News widget not working on iOS 14

I update my iPhone 8 a few days ago to iOS 14, and there seems to be a problem with my Apple News widget. When I add the widget to my Home Screen, and select "Top Stories", it appears blank and says "No Stories". However, when I select "Topic", I can see (most) topics fine. How can I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Hi - I had same problem and looking through how beta users solved this, I found this worked.

• remove the widget
  • delete the News app
  • download News app from app store
  • open news app
  • add the widget

......should work perfectly!! 🌟

9 replies

Sep 29, 2020 3:05 PM in response to juanotero0127

I have the same problem but i have IOS14.2 although the news stories can be seen when you click on any story it closes down the app , I've tried deleting it and re-installing straight from apple store but it doesn't make any difference it still doesn't work everything else seems to be working OK it's only apple news that i seem to have a problem with .

iPhone 7Plus

News widget not working on iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.