Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Predictive keyboard doesn't work on my iPhone SE with Russian language

hey! i need some help or advice what can i do to fix this issue.

the predictive keyboard doesn't work on my phone with my language(Russian) but its all great with English :)

i'm using ios 14.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 6:47 PM

MashMos Said:

"Predictive: Hello! Guys, I've made all the steps, but the problem still exists. Each action: restart the phone, reset all settings or backup helps for next 40 minutes - 1 hour only and the predictive text disappears. (The same problem my husband has. We have iOS 14.) Actually, we got this problem with last iOS version (14)."

-------

Couple of Thoughts:

A. Provide Apple Feedback:

Inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Try This: How to Use Auto-Correction and Predictive Text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Where to go:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Keyboards
  4. Tap: Keyboards (Top Item)
  5. Tap: Add New Keyboard...
  6. Select: Russian
  7. Proceed from there as necessary

Screenshot:

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 6:47 PM in response to tanya_hants

MashMos Said:

"Predictive: Hello! Guys, I've made all the steps, but the problem still exists. Each action: restart the phone, reset all settings or backup helps for next 40 minutes - 1 hour only and the predictive text disappears. (The same problem my husband has. We have iOS 14.) Actually, we got this problem with last iOS version (14)."

-------

Couple of Thoughts:

A. Provide Apple Feedback:

Inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Try This: How to Use Auto-Correction and Predictive Text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Where to go:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Keyboards
  4. Tap: Keyboards (Top Item)
  5. Tap: Add New Keyboard...
  6. Select: Russian
  7. Proceed from there as necessary

Screenshot:

Sep 18, 2020 10:38 PM in response to MashMos

MashMos Said:

"Predictive: hey! i need some help or advice what can i do to fix this issue. the predictive keyboard doesn't work on my phone with my language(Russian) but its all great with English :) i'm using ios 14."

-------

Restore from your iPhone:

Did you even backup your iPhone prior to this install? If not, Resetting the iPhone may be the only way around this..

If you Made no Backup:

If you never made a backup, then take this as a learning experience, and note to always backup your iPhone prior to updating it.  Learn More Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a Backup - Apple Support

In depth...

To Update an iPhone:

Update your iPhone using the iPhone itself, a Mac, or a PC, even. How to do so....

Two Major Steps: - Backup then Update

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer, that way you have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong after the install.

2. Then, Update Using these Links:

Nov 12, 2020 10:08 AM in response to MashMos

I'm having the same problem since the release of iOS 14, but with the Swedish keyboard. English word prediction works fine, just like in your case. I tested Russian and Dutch and can confirm that word predictions for those languages also stops working after a while. I tested French and it is like English, no issue there.

And just like you, I restart my phone and the word predictions works again for a few hours, max. Then they disappear. Resetting the phone's settings and deleting its data did not help.

Hopefully, more people can report this obvious bug to Apple (I did a few weeks ago) so we can get a solution.

Predictive keyboard doesn't work on my iPhone SE with Russian language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.