Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Recover a Deleted Folder of Apps?

My child deleted one of my folders of apps on my phone and I cannot figure out where it went. The apps that were in that folder can only be accessed if I search for them in the Spotlight Search so they are there, just not visible. I saw someone else who had this problem but there were no solutions provided for her so I’m hoping maybe someone else that sees this has one! : ) Does anyone have the magic word to change it?!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 9:18 PM

If the apps have not been deleted, then the folder was empried and the apps have likely been moved into some other folders or onto other screens.

Other considerations here include purchases, and you’ll want to enable password security on purchases here. Allowing access to email and other such can involve re-filed or forwarded or deleted messages, corrupted preferences and settings, etc. Otherwise, expect more pernicious and potentially more costly surprises.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 9:18 PM in response to Confused05

If the apps have not been deleted, then the folder was empried and the apps have likely been moved into some other folders or onto other screens.

Other considerations here include purchases, and you’ll want to enable password security on purchases here. Allowing access to email and other such can involve re-filed or forwarded or deleted messages, corrupted preferences and settings, etc. Otherwise, expect more pernicious and potentially more costly surprises.

Sep 18, 2020 9:19 PM in response to Confused05

What version of iOS are you running? If it's anything before 14 then they most likely have just been moved around and are somewhere on the other home screens. If you have iOS 14 they may have been hidden and I'm not sure how to get them back if they are hidden but that is a feature that is allowed in iOS 14. At that point you can pull them up in the App Library screen

How to Recover a Deleted Folder of Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.