Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best restore a new iphone

I have a backup to my imac and icloud. What is best?

Will icloud restore everything all apps and data?

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:58 PM

Yes iCloud will restore everything including apps and data.

My favorite has always been the computer backup especially with an encrypted file with a password because this will also backup the app passwords.

Axel F.

3 replies

Sep 19, 2020 5:28 PM in response to Brian Litecky

Here is what I have going on. I have a loner iphone for a few more days (iphone7). I will be getting a anther iphone 7 next week.

Right now I am not using icloud backup, because i want my old iphone back the same way.

If I use icloud back now will that replace my old backup or just add to it and will it add to my messages to may old iphone backup.

Thanks Brian

Sep 19, 2020 8:05 PM in response to Brian Litecky

Here is what I have going on. I have a loner iphone for a few more days (iphone7). I will be getting a anther iphone 7 next week.

Right now I am not using icloud backup, because i want my old iphone back the same way.

If I use icloud back now will that replace my old backup or just add to it and will it add to my messages to may old iphone backup.

Thanks Brian

best restore a new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.