Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Trouble

After installing the iOS 14.0 update, the shooting star effect disappeared in iMessage. Who has the same problem?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 10:43 PM

Same! I am so unbelievably disappointed and 😔 sad. That was my favorite effect. The one I used the most, almost every night! Why Apple?! Please bring back shooting star 💫in new update!!🙏

30 replies

Dec 13, 2020 9:57 PM in response to zakorko7

I just updated from an iPhone 6Plus to an iPhone 12 Pro Max because my old phone short-circuited. I can verify that the Shooting Star special effect was available on the iPhone 6 & has unfortunately disappeared on the iPhone 12 Pro Max. This is unfortunate for me because when I would send my sisters an evening “good night” text, I always used the night-themed shooting star effect. 🌠 Hopefully Apple designers will bring it back. 🙏

Jan 22, 2021 8:14 PM in response to zakorko7

seriously prolly the worst part of that update I literally used that every single night too tell my mother goodnight and I love her and now it’s gone and my messages are just as bleak as a normal phone... with Steve gone iPhones have gone too **** completely android is better finally I know I’ll be switching in the next few months, tired of all the glitches, crashes charging problems it’s just gone downhill since the man himself stepped off stage 🥺

Feb 1, 2021 11:48 PM in response to zakorko7

EVERYONE - as it was removed by Apple noticed in the 14.3 update.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEâŁïž

Bring back the “Shooting Star” Apple!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEâŁïž

iMessage Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.