Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No service

The last month my phone has had either NO SERVICE or I can see a phone provider service and 3G or 4G Listed but no connectivity/no data.

my phone only works on line or calls via wifi.

phone is and iPhone8 and I’m in Europe.

I have lived with this problem so long hoping it was an update that effected others and would be rectified.

any ideas?

if I buy a new phone and put my sim in it - will I have wasted money with the same issue?

If I test my sim in another phone will there be any detrimental effect to my sim?

what about if I test my phone with a friends sim?

how do I discover if it is a phone issue or a sim issue?

thanks

sallyanne

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 1:39 AM

If it is a Network / Carrier / SIM issue --> If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

Finding No service? --> If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad ...

2 replies

No service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.