Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen time passcode

I forgot my screen time passcode and I can't reset it.. why?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:55 AM

Minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode are: iPhone running iOS 13.4 or later AND knowledge of AppleID & Password that were used to set up that passcode.

Unfortunately your iPhone 6 cannot (because of hardware incompatibility) support iOS beyond 12.4.8 versions.

You have only two options:

1. Cohabit with the existing restrictions
  2. Erase your device loosing all data (you can't restore data from a backup since that passcode would come back). To erase your device, follow these instructions, even if referred to a different passcode:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 9:55 AM in response to Ntamak

Minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode are: iPhone running iOS 13.4 or later AND knowledge of AppleID & Password that were used to set up that passcode.

Unfortunately your iPhone 6 cannot (because of hardware incompatibility) support iOS beyond 12.4.8 versions.

You have only two options:

1. Cohabit with the existing restrictions
  2. Erase your device loosing all data (you can't restore data from a backup since that passcode would come back). To erase your device, follow these instructions, even if referred to a different passcode:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Regards

Giulio

screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.