Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Update canceled my Flash player

My MBP took some kind of update last night and now I can't play my FB games because it keeps saying my Flash isn't updated. I have re-downloaded the program, but I am unable to enable Flash according to the instructions. Anyone else have this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 2:29 PM

Safari 14 blocks the use of Flash. Adobe has abandoned Flash and will be completely unsupported at the end of this year. You won't even be able to download it after December 31st. It won't be long before all other browser vendors follow suit. None of them will want to be responsible for continuing to support a plugin that will get no further security updates.

For now, you may still be able to use Firefox or Chrome.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 2:29 PM in response to Charrm

Safari 14 blocks the use of Flash. Adobe has abandoned Flash and will be completely unsupported at the end of this year. You won't even be able to download it after December 31st. It won't be long before all other browser vendors follow suit. None of them will want to be responsible for continuing to support a plugin that will get no further security updates.

For now, you may still be able to use Firefox or Chrome.

Safari Update canceled my Flash player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.