Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't browse in iTunes Store

When I enter iTunes and hit BROWSE, I can't listen to any song clip without the pop-up demanding in join the music service and wants me to buy, without ever hearing the song! (I will never buy this service.) Browsing is listening, not buying. How do I actually browse? And if I click on "Store" I can't search by artist. That is insane. Do you guys ever listen to music?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 12:24 PM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for clarifying.

When you use the search bar in Music, make sure you select iTunes Store in the top right, then search for "The Chicks"

Here are the steps:

Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac - Apple Support

You can sample tracks there to find what you're looking for. Dixie Chicks likely wasn't returning results because of the Artist's name change.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 12:24 PM in response to Thomas Rex

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for clarifying.

When you use the search bar in Music, make sure you select iTunes Store in the top right, then search for "The Chicks"

Here are the steps:

Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac - Apple Support

You can sample tracks there to find what you're looking for. Dixie Chicks likely wasn't returning results because of the Artist's name change.

Sep 24, 2020 11:37 AM in response to Thomas Rex

Hi Thomas,

It sounds like you're trying to browse the iTunes Store and we can help.

You can go to the Store section in the Sidebar and select iTunes Store, and you can browse songs from there.

If you're not seeing the iTunes Store on the Sidebar, open Music > Preferences, and check the option for iTunes Store.

If you click Browse in the Apple Music section of the Sidebar, you'll be taken to the Apple Music subscription screen, so do not click that.

Here's more info on the iTunes Store:

Intro to the iTunes Store in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Can't browse in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.