Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn’t my Alarm Sound Working?? iPhone 11

I rely heavily upon my alarm on my iPhone. My husband got me the new iPhone 11 and the alarm will sound a few times, but mostly it just shows the alarm banner up top, as if it’s “going off”, but NO SOUND is coming out??

I had an iPhone 8 Plus previously. Loved it. Unless I get help with this, I’m giving up. I’m the only Apple user left in my household. Please help me!! These alarms are super IMPORTANT for me to function and live a healthy life (use alarms for medications and appointments). Need some real help! I’ve been googling all day. Nothing’s working. Help please!!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:12 PM

It could be the Attention Aware Features that are causing the phone to turn your alarm down thinking you are looking at your phone which will dip out the volume of some alerts. Try going to Settings>Face ID & Passcode enter your passcode and then turn off Attention Aware Features and this should help with the volume being low on the alerts

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 9:12 PM in response to GrammyGirls2

It could be the Attention Aware Features that are causing the phone to turn your alarm down thinking you are looking at your phone which will dip out the volume of some alerts. Try going to Settings>Face ID & Passcode enter your passcode and then turn off Attention Aware Features and this should help with the volume being low on the alerts

Why isn’t my Alarm Sound Working?? iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.