Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full screen display

After the iOS 14 upgrade, I had to delete an app and reinstall. Now it doesn’t cover the full screen. There is a black bar across the top and bottom of the page. This causes the items on the screen to display smaller. Any idea how to force the app to utilize the full screen?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 10:21 AM

It is very possible that the App is not fully compatible with iPadOS14 - and needs to be updated by the Developer. There are currently many Apps that have issues with the iPadOS14 update.

It would be advisable to report the issue to the App Developer. Many Apps have a built-in contact method. For others, this support page should be helpful:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 10:21 AM in response to RhoMelie

It is very possible that the App is not fully compatible with iPadOS14 - and needs to be updated by the Developer. There are currently many Apps that have issues with the iPadOS14 update.

It would be advisable to report the issue to the App Developer. Many Apps have a built-in contact method. For others, this support page should be helpful:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Sep 20, 2020 10:14 AM in response to Rudegar

This is an app that displayed properly before and after I upgraded to iOS 14. I had other issues within the app after the upgrade and so I deleted it and reinstalled. I have done this before and it has always resolved any problems I was having. However, this time I get a black bar above and below the app’s display. I deleted the app another two times and reinstalled with the same result.

Full screen display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.