Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AIRDROP DOESN'T WORK FROM IPHONE SE 2020 TO MacBook Air 2017

Hi, I've a problem with airdrop from my iPhone SE 2020 to MacBook Air 2017.

I tried to use it in a simple way: choosing a photo, using the share button, tap on Airdrop and waiting to see the MacBook Air to send the photo but the macbook doesn't appear.

I can't explain, because on both the IOS product WIFI and BLUETOOTH are on and airdrop settings seem right.

Someone have a solution to fix this problem ?

Thanks!

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:39 PM

Hello Jonster512, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to send a photo from your iPhone SE (2020) to your MacBook Air (2017). We know how frequently we use AirDrop and are happy to look into this with you. 

Begin with these troubleshooting steps:

1 - On the iPhone, the Personal Hotspot is turned off.

2 - On the MacBook Air, select Finder > Go (in the menu bar) > AirDrop > verify "All me to be discovered by setting" is selected. 

On the iPhone, go to Control Center > AirDrop > verify it is set to receive from all. 

3 - Restart your MacBook Air by going to the Apple Menu (top left corner) > Restart. 

4 - Restart your iPhone.

5 - Once both are restarted, verify they're connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and Bluetooth is turned on for each. The devices do not need to be paired. 

6 - Try sending the photo again from the iPhone to the MacBook Air. 

We look forward to hearing the results. 

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 6:39 PM in response to IlBradipo

Hello Jonster512, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to send a photo from your iPhone SE (2020) to your MacBook Air (2017). We know how frequently we use AirDrop and are happy to look into this with you. 

Begin with these troubleshooting steps:

1 - On the iPhone, the Personal Hotspot is turned off.

2 - On the MacBook Air, select Finder > Go (in the menu bar) > AirDrop > verify "All me to be discovered by setting" is selected. 

On the iPhone, go to Control Center > AirDrop > verify it is set to receive from all. 

3 - Restart your MacBook Air by going to the Apple Menu (top left corner) > Restart. 

4 - Restart your iPhone.

5 - Once both are restarted, verify they're connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and Bluetooth is turned on for each. The devices do not need to be paired. 

6 - Try sending the photo again from the iPhone to the MacBook Air. 

We look forward to hearing the results. 

All the best.

AIRDROP DOESN'T WORK FROM IPHONE SE 2020 TO MacBook Air 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.