Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently changed my iPad password. The new pasword unlocks my and opens my iPad. Then it asks me to put in my passcode again to access iCloud and it fails every time. HELP!

I recently changed my iPad password. The new password unlocks and opens my iPad. Then it asks me to put in my passcode again to access iCloud and it fails every time. HELP!

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:19 AM

How to fix:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the password that you use for your apple ID not to open your ipad if you don't know what it is then type it in wrong a few times and click change password and change it to what you want. This will work because the ipad password isn't connected to your apple ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 11:19 AM in response to Skypilot45

How to fix:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the password that you use for your apple ID not to open your ipad if you don't know what it is then type it in wrong a few times and click change password and change it to what you want. This will work because the ipad password isn't connected to your apple ID.

Sep 20, 2020 11:42 AM in response to Skypilot45

If you don’t have a backup of your iPad, get that now.

What is the text of the prompt? Either transcribe that text here, or use a camera and crop to just the prompt dialog box.

There can be Apple ID prompts for iCloud access and those can be “not now’d”, there can be two-factor authentication verification codes (six digits), but there’s not expected to be a second passcode prompt, outside of a very few cases such as for when backups being made on a Mac.

When all else fails, try a restart.

I recently changed my iPad password. The new pasword unlocks my and opens my iPad. Then it asks me to put in my passcode again to access iCloud and it fails every time. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.