Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost notes and photos

Hey, Yesterday i was trying to change my apple id i was successful though in mac. but as soon as i was trying to change it in iphone it was saying wrong username/password. so i went back to same old one but in the process i lost my whole notes. there were like 400+ notes in it and were very important. Is there any way to get back all those notes. thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 1:18 PM

If you were syncing notes with iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Notes using a computer browser, are the notes there? Have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID and turned Notes syncing on? The sync is very, very slow.

If you weren't syncing with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 1:18 PM in response to ranbir97

If you were syncing notes with iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Notes using a computer browser, are the notes there? Have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID and turned Notes syncing on? The sync is very, very slow.

If you weren't syncing with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Lost notes and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.