You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost touch on my iPhone XR

I’m currently experiencing this thing called ghost touch on my iPhone XR and I don’t know what to do. For those who don’t know what ghost touch is, it’s when your phone clicks and types random things without you touching it. It also won’t let me touch my top left or right corner and idk why. I’ve updated it, reset it, and restart it. I don’t know anything else to do. can someone help or give me tips?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 7:08 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Joyner20

I had the same experience and today I took it to the Apple store and was to pay about $300 USD to repair the display module. For iPhone X, Apple offers free repair but for some reason, other iPhone series doesn't get the same treatment. Based on what I was told from the Apple store staff, Apple doesn't want to lose money by continuing to offer free repair (even if it's not users' fault).

I think the only option we've been given right now is to pay the repair fee or buy a new phone.

I posted on my own but I really hope Apple can take responsibility for these ghost touch issues caused by display module regardless of iPhone series.

Here's an article that offers free repair - take a look and see if you are seeing the same issue

https://support.apple.com/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program

Ghost touch on my iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.