Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending a video

I have a video that I can not shorten, but I can not get it to send through email or text. Please help

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:37 PM

Buckswife7 Said:

"sending a video: I have a video that I can not shorten, but I can not get it to send through email or text. Please help"

-------

Maximum Attachment Size is the Culprit:

If you are using the Mail app, then log in to your eMail Provider's site, and ask them what the maximum size of an attachment is that you can eMail to someone.

Try Compressing it - Using your Mac:

1. Right-Click: on the video's icon
  2. Select: Compress "video name"
  3. Attach: the ZIP file to the eMail
  4. Compile: the rest of the eMail
  5. Send: the eMail
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 8:37 PM in response to Buckswife7

Buckswife7 Said:

"sending a video: I have a video that I can not shorten, but I can not get it to send through email or text. Please help"

-------

Maximum Attachment Size is the Culprit:

If you are using the Mail app, then log in to your eMail Provider's site, and ask them what the maximum size of an attachment is that you can eMail to someone.

Try Compressing it - Using your Mac:

1. Right-Click: on the video's icon
  2. Select: Compress "video name"
  3. Attach: the ZIP file to the eMail
  4. Compile: the rest of the eMail
  5. Send: the eMail

sending a video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.