Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages from iCloud backup from old phone downloading to new phone issue and concern. HELP

Backed up iPhone 6 at 3:25 PM today, then a tech helped me manually transfer my iCloud to iPhone 11 Pro then activated new phone.. Her call dropped from the old phone due to activation and I lost her help @ 4:40 PM. Texts were downloading on the new phone per the message on the bottom of the screen. But now that message is gone and I don't see all of my text message and the ones I do see are old and in random order of dates The New 11 shows it has a iCloud backup of 4:56 PM. Is iCloud still downloading in the background? or did I just loose all my text messages? All of the tech help desks are closed and I am in a panic!

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 1:47 PM

If you had messages in iCloud turned on Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support and those messages were deleted, then they are permanently gone. If that feature wasn't turned on, you can restore from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support.

3 replies

Text messages from iCloud backup from old phone downloading to new phone issue and concern. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.