Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need ios 14 on my ipad mini 2.

I need ios 13 or 14 for my iPad mini 2.

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 1:56 AM

Sorry, it is not possible to update your iPad mini2 to iPadOS14.

The first generation iPad Air, iPad mini2 or mini3 can only be updated to iOS 12.4.8.

Apple ended update support for these devices in September 2019. They cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Some App developers have dropped support for iOS versions preceding iOS 13.x for technical reasons (often because APIs or software libraries upon which they rely have been updated in the new version of iPadOS, making their App incompatible with earlier versions). 

Whilst many App titles remain compatible with your iPad, if you want or need to access to Apps requiring the most recent versions of iOS, you have no alternative other than to replace your iPad with a newer or current model that supports iPadOS13/14. Of current models, even the entry-level iPad7/8 supports iPadOS14 - and has specifications and capabilities that massively outperform your iPad mini2.

I hope this information provides helpful clarity as to your available options - and the limitations of your existing iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 1:56 AM in response to abid273

Sorry, it is not possible to update your iPad mini2 to iPadOS14.

The first generation iPad Air, iPad mini2 or mini3 can only be updated to iOS 12.4.8.

Apple ended update support for these devices in September 2019. They cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Some App developers have dropped support for iOS versions preceding iOS 13.x for technical reasons (often because APIs or software libraries upon which they rely have been updated in the new version of iPadOS, making their App incompatible with earlier versions). 

Whilst many App titles remain compatible with your iPad, if you want or need to access to Apps requiring the most recent versions of iOS, you have no alternative other than to replace your iPad with a newer or current model that supports iPadOS13/14. Of current models, even the entry-level iPad7/8 supports iPadOS14 - and has specifications and capabilities that massively outperform your iPad mini2.

I hope this information provides helpful clarity as to your available options - and the limitations of your existing iPad.

I need ios 14 on my ipad mini 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.