Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to ios 14 and my airprint will no longer recognise my printer as it did in ios 13. anyone else have this problem?

I upgraded to ios 14 and my airprint will no longer recognise my printer as it did in ios 13. anyone else have this problem?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:41 AM

18 replies

Oct 30, 2020 7:44 AM in response to aldesi

So I found a temporary workaround. Currently in my home I have a 2.4 ghz and a 5 ghz wifi signal coming from my router. My phone running ios 14.0.1 connected to the 5ghz wifi will not find the printer connected to the 2.4 ghz frequency. If I switch my phone from the 5ghz to the 2.4 it works perfectly fine. I have an iPad where I did not update to the new ios 14 yet and that has no issue finding my printer while still on 5ghz frequency.

Feb 23, 2021 11:04 AM in response to oldsubman

This worked for me after: rebooting printer, rebooting iPad, forgetting network, remembering network all failed.

Condition: IPad recognizes printer but will not print with IOS 14. Will print with IOS 13.

1). Settings,

2). wifi and hit (i) info icon on your wifi network

3). select ‘private address’ off

you will now be able to print but will have the following warning under the wifi label: “privacy warning”. This means that your wifi has a weak security due to an older protocol such as WEP and not up to the Apple standard fixes on the new IOS. Doesn’t mean you have been hacked. Does mean your router needs and updated software patch or a new router, only if the weak security is a problem

cheers and thanks for the suggestion.

Feb 23, 2021 1:17 PM in response to LadyKickboxer

wow, you sound like me, writing a book on computer tech from 1970 on, pilot with 27,000 hours, BSc, MSc and current PHD candidate with extensive computing background since my 8086 in 1984. Still don’t understand Apple paradigms.

one question, do your other apple devices recognize your air printer. Do your IBM related devices recognize your air printer. If yes on both then can’t help. If not, then hard boot your printer and re-enter wifi ID and etc as though setting it up for new. Is your Router WEP or more up to date with the Apple suggested requirement. Otherwise, try again on Feb 30th.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.