Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add non apple wigets on my iphone 8

I updated to iOS 14 and have the ability to add apple widgets like weather and calendar. However, I downloaded custom widget apps and they do not appear on the list of widgit-applicable apps when I enter Jiggle mode and click the + button. There is also no option to add any widgets in Notification Center.

iPhone 8, 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 2:40 PM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2020 1:36 PM in response to cars__

Hey cars__,

We understand that you're unable to see and add widgets from apps. First, we'd like to see if a restart helps show all apps that have widgets available: Restart your iPhone

Also, iOS 14.0.1 was released recently, so you'll want to back up your iPhone and make sure its fully updated, if you haven't already: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that helps or if you have any questions. Take care.

Sep 28, 2020 12:12 PM in response to cars__

cars__,

Thanks for trying those steps for us and letting us know that the app itself is not opening properly. Let's see if following the steps in this article helps with the app not opening properly:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Once you're able to open the app successfully, scroll over and see if you're then able to add it as a widget.

Have a great rest of your day.

Sep 28, 2020 12:18 PM in response to cars__

cars__ wrote:

I did both and nothing changed.

Another problem I have is when I open widgetsmith it crashes immediately. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Based on the reports here, it seems the app widgetsmith, is (not to put too fine a point on it) a steaming pile of an app...

Contact the developer. There are lots of people having trouble with it.

Can't add non apple wigets on my iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.