Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 and Wifi

Has anyone else had any issues staying connected to wifi since the update? Mine keeps cutting in and out I’ve tried everything to fix it but nothing works

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 6:32 PM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2020 5:45 AM in response to johnson48

I have an iphone x with ios 14.0.1 running, after updating my iphone from ios 13 to ios 14 and also 14.0.1. I have noticed that i have wifi issues. So i investigated my fortigate wifi envirement with other devices. For example my macbook, but also my windows laptop. These machines work perfecr with the same wifi network.

so what i did, i made 2 new extra wifi SSID 1 for only 2,4ghz and the other for 5ghz. When i connect with my iphone to the 5ghz network, i have continius wifi problems. But when i connect to the 2,4ghz network, this work fine. I did the same test with the iphone X from my wife, and exactly the same issue i have experienced with her iphone. I also did the default things what i found on the internet to reset iphone and some sepcific settings etc.. nothing helps. So there is for sure an issue with this ios and 5ghz wifi. I hope apple comes with an update with an fix.

Nov 19, 2020 11:19 AM in response to johnson48

Model: iPhone XS Max

Issues since 14.1, currently 14.2:

cellular data: not at all or very slow upload speeds (less than 1 mbs), not at all or sometime good/very download speeds (0 or 250 mbs).

calls without wifi calling toggle active can get disconnected during the call or the other person cannot hear me while I can hear that person very well.

Carrier signal is at max level (4 bars) and there are no apparent issues with wifi or bluetooth.

I did everything! Literally checked every possible root cause:

Potential cause 1, the carrier:

- tried physical sims/ e-sims

- same sims in samsung worked like a charm

- different carriers for each sim

- called all of them, no reported outages on their side

- problem still there

Potential root cause 2, the phone:

- Spent more than 5 hours with apple support on the line while we went through all the steps (up to complete restore) and sent the full 30 mins diagnostics

- conclusion: no hardware / software problem

- recommendation: go to an authorized apple service provider

- did that, but they also didn’t find the problem (unofficial/ personal note from them: ios-related)

- installed the 14.3 beta 1 and 2, same problem

Since not everyone with XS Max is having this issue, I would assume it was something I did that may have caused this; there are two things I have in mind: 1. iPhone had ios 14 beta installed on it since it went public around June. 2. Always had a mdm profile installed for running work-related apps (and yes, of course I removed it when doing the tests).

I really believe this to be an iOS related issue and I hope the engineering team is on top of it.

iOS 14 and Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.